CBD is a chemical compound found naturally in the cannabis plant. There’s a misconception that CBD and medical marijuana are the same thing and that’s not the case. CBD on its own is not psychoactive. CBD can either be derived from marijuana or hemp—cousins in the cannabis family.
The reported health benefits of cannabidiol oil India cover a variety of conditions. It is most commonly used to treat chronic pain, anxiety, inflammation, and insomnia. One study showed that CBD may relieve pain by affecting receptors of the endocannabinoid system, which helps regulate pain, mood, and memory, in addition to many other physiological and cognitive functions.
If you are somebody who is interested in finding more organic remedies for natural healing, CBD is one such product you might be interested in.
In which areas CBD can help me in natural healing?
- Pain Relief: Chronic pain can leave us feeling miserable and irritable. It also affects many of us in our day-to-day lives. Luckily, CBD has shown some promising benefits in reducing pain output and signalling, with many health-conscious individuals choosing CBD as a natural alternative over traditional painkillers. So, how does CBD possibly help to create relief from pain? Within the body lies the endocannabinoid system (ECS), consisting of endocannabinoids and cannabinoid receptors.
The ECS affects many bodily processes, ranging from maintenance of the immune system to energy output. Many researchers believe CBD can interact with ECS receptors that lie in the immune system and brain. When these receptors receive chemical signals from CBD compounds, this can cause cells throughout the body to respond.
Because CBD interacts with your ECS, your brain may perceive the pain differently, helping with some pain relief. Alongside this, cannabidiol oil India may have anti-inflammatory effects, which also play a significant role in relieving chronic pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Inflammation is considered one of the root causes of chronic pain. When inflammation levels rise too high within your body, this causes swelling of muscle tissues, which can start pressing against your nerve endings. Your immune system will also work to attack your joints to try to lower inflammation levels. Unfortunately, this will result in discomfort and pain.
Inflammation is often a side effect or cause of many illnesses and health conditions. These include type 2 diabetes, cancer, and many neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
CBD’s role in possibly lowering inflammation throughout the body has been promising, but more studies involving humans are still needed. Despite this, many researchers believe the results of animal studies investigating CBD and inflammation show therapeutic potential.
A recent study involved rats with joint inflammation due to arthritis and looked at how CBD was able to lower inflammation. Researchers applied CBD on the rats’ skin and found reduced joint swelling and lowered pain levels, with no adverse side effects after application.
- Improves Digestive Health: One of CBD’s lesser-known roles is its interaction with the digestive system. When you continuously have high-stress levels, this can affect your digestion, bowel movements, and how much nutrients you absorb. Researchers have described this as the ‘mind-gut connection‘. Stress or anxiety may also lead to intestinal permeability, resulting in imbalances in your gut bacteria.
Many illnesses can arise when digestive health is impaired. Common conditions include irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which is often linked to anxiety, and gastritis.
Multiple studies have shown that CBD could possibly help in treating anxiety and high-stress levels. CBD’s interaction with the ECS does more than possibly improve digestion. It may also lower your heart rate and blood pressure while promoting calm feelings.
CBD has also been shown to possibly appetite. Keeping your eating times regular is essential to reduce bloating or indigestion. Researchers found that CBD may increase appetite by relieving nausea and an upset stomach while reducing symptoms of an overactive nervous system.
Because changes in appetite are one of the main side effects of CBD, some individuals have also experienced a reduced appetite after using CBD. This is good news for those who often experience poor digestive health from overeating!
- Reduce Depression and Anxiety: Traditional medication for depression and anxiety often comes with a whole range of adverse side effects. Because of this, many people are choosing to manage their anxiety and depression with natural alternatives, like CBD.
CBD interacts with receptors within the body that affect serotonin levels. Lowered serotonin levels in the brain are associated with an increased risk of anxiety and depression since serotonin can affect mood. While taking CBD doesn’t boost serotonin levels, it may affect how your receptors respond to the serotonin present in your body.
While most research investigating CBD’s effects on depression and anxiety comes from animal studies, these have shown promising results. Recently, researchers looked at how CBD was able to affect stress levels in rats. They found lowered rates of anxiety and stress signals, with decreased blood pressure and heart rate.
Since stress is one of the significant causes of depression, decreasing stress levels naturally is of interest to researchers investigating CBD and depression. Despite being a new research area, many studies suggest that CBD reduces stress levels in humans due to its anti-stress effects and interactions with the ECS.
- Improves Sleep Quality: Due to our busy lives, falling and even staying asleep can be challenging. Maintaining good sleep quality is essential, as lack of shut-eye can impact how your body heals and repairs, leading to an increased risk of physical and mental illnesses. A disrupted sleep cycle can be due to anxiety, stress, or insomnia, waking you up during the night.
CBD’s possible anti-stress properties interact with receptors throughout the body that can increase serotonin levels, improve your mood, and even lower your heart rate! All of this may result in decreased anxiety and stress, allowing you to get to sleep easier.
Recently, researchers investigated CBD benefits when treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). After taking CBD orally, most patients (91%) had a decrease in PTSD symptoms, and CBD was also shown to offer relief from PTSD-induced nightmares for some patients.
Interestingly, cortisol can also play a role in how much sleep we’re getting every night. When cortisol levels are high, this can promote high blood pressure and low sleep quality. Cortisol is also associated with anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders, as it interacts with brain receptors. Luckily, many studies have linked CBD use to lowered cortisol levels.
- Headache and Migraine Relief: Headaches and migraines are inconvenient and painful. While many people like to pop a painkiller at the first signs of a headache, others favour more natural options for providing relief, like cbd oil India buy online.
CBD is popular for possibly treating headaches and migraines as it’s well-tolerated without any side effects. Studies have found that those who used CBD didn’t need to increase the dosage to get the same benefits as traditional painkillers’ long-term use. Researchers recently found that CBD use had benefits in relieving chronic pain symptoms, with reduced pain output across the body.
So, what makes CBD so good at possibly helping in relieving headaches and migraines? As explained earlier, the ECS plays a big part in controlling many of the processes that occur throughout the body. Pain relief is one of the main possible benefits of cannabinoids since they may affect how the brain perceives the pain, and yes, this includes the pain from headaches.
While CBD alone is enough to create enough migraine relief, many researchers have pointed out the importance of combining CBD with THC. When both of these cannabis compounds are combined, they may work synergistically, improving the effects of both compounds at the same time!
Are there any side effects about CBD that one must know?
Reported side effects of CBD include dry mouth, drowsiness, and low blood pressure. CBD can cause some side effects. These include nausea, irritability, sleepiness, or increased thoughts or behaviors related to suicide.
It’s important not to mix CBD with alcohol or any medications that have a sedative effect. It’s also a good idea to watch for any changes in your mood or thinking patterns.